Saturday 2 May 2015

Caravan Kings X

I've tried to get into Caravan before but the first time round we didn't want to wait 40 minutes for a table...however this time it was a 20 min wait and we were offered a seat at the coffee bar.  We were given a coffee bean (I think) bag with a number on and went to sit at the bar.
I ordered a latte and it looked pretty (I'm a sucker for a nice looking latte in a glass). The staff were all enthusiastic too. The atmosphere of the place was nice, not rushed around and just very chilled out and warehousey sort of feel...you know, cagey walls and pipes out, lots of wooden stuff.. Is that shabby chic? Dunno but it's good anyway. Pleases my eyes.  the clientele and staff looked pretty Hipster tastic but I like a good hipster so I'm down with that, son.
The menu is pretty quirky and my dining fellow had trouble picking what to have initially. For me I was picking between avocado on toast(I have an avocado problem at the moment) or baked eggs
.. Felt I should be different so picked baked eggs!
OH MY GOOD GOD THAT WAS AMAZING
Everything tasted awesome, such a good choice with the baked eggs and merguez sausage addition. Eggs. Sausage. Sour cream. Tomatoes. Oh my God. Amazing. One of the best brunches I've ever had. Hopefully that explains how tasty it was.
My boyman went for the caravan fry up and he said from looking at it he didn't think it'd fill him up but, by jove, it did. Fabulous. Strangely he couldn't pick what his favourite piece was and it ended up being between the bread (sourdough) or the tomato! For a big meat eater that's a very very rare thing so shows the quality of the food. I'm very into meat too and could have happily eaten the baked egg without the sausage too. Shocker!
We have brunch planned with my sister tomorrow so we are coming back straight away. Avocado is going in my face for sure!
Really good prices too and I feel fresh rather than greasy and full of yuck.
Coffee is really nice, similar taste to alpress in shoreditch. Less creamy but still all good.
Mmmmm
9/10! And I never give ten so that's saying something....

http://www.caravanrestaurants.co.uk/kings-cross.html

No comments:

Post a Comment